CONTEXT AND DEFINITIONS
- By using our Service you understand and agree that we are providing a platform for you to provide Airshare gifts to others, and share content, including photos, videos, messages and other materials ("User Content"), via the Service.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
- Throughout this policy, we use the term "personal information" to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an Airshare account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number, etc.). This information allows us to help others view your Airshare wish list, and notify you when others send you an Airshare.
- Airshare preferred Merchants that you select in the Service.
- Communications between you and Airshare. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
- We are committed to providing a safe and secure service. Therefore, before permitting you to use our Service, we may require additional information from you we can use to verify your identity, address or other information or to manage risk and compliance throughout our relationship. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as identity verification, fraud prevention and similar services.
- You can review and update your personal information in your account settings at any time by logging in to your account.
Airshare recipient information:
- To initiate sending an Airshare you will need to add a Gift Recipient either through:
- your device’s contacts list;
- adding a New Contact
- If you choose to add the recipient from your device's contacts list, then Airshare will access your contacts list so you may easily add them as an Airshare recipient.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information about the utilization of the Airshare application. The tools also collect information about Airshare transactions (purchases, redemptions, exchanges, etc.). We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by the Airshare App or your browser each time you make a request to view a merchant, add value to the Airshare, create a video, etc.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, machine or mobile device identification number, geo-location, time zone, language setting, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a device like a phone, tablet or PC to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Airshare.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third-party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Airshare does not record or store any credit or debit card or any bank account and routing numbers linked to your Airshare account. Airshare partners with third party PCI compliant providers of financial services. The financial information you provide in the Airshare application goes directly to the provider via a secure API (Application Programming Interface) supplied by this third-party provider. Airshare utilizes a secure token supplied by the provider so that you can purchase additional Airshare gifts without re-entering your financial information.
We may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described here. For example, we may collect information related to your contact with our customer support team or store results when you respond to a survey.
2. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
- We store and process your personal information using third party servers located in secure data centers in the United States. This information is protected by physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. We also use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our office and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Airshare cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Airshare or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Airshare, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you post to about Airshare gifts given and received. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Airshare, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you a personal gifting experience you love so much you will use and recommend many times. We may use your personal information to:
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include preferred merchants;
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- Develop and test new products and features;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Automatically update the Airshare application on your device
4. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Airshare without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
5. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Airshare does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
6. California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because Airshare values our Users’ privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our Service may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their account, choosing “My Account” in the Airshare menu and making the edits.
7. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES